Dave concentrates in a number of commercial areas, including franchise, distribution, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity. His experience as a former in-house attorney with an international franchise company allows him to understand legal representation from both sides of the table. His work involves representing, franchisors, food manufacturers and other developers from early stage to multi-national expansion, addressing issues related to franchise registration/disclosure, contract law, leasing, supplier deals, and procurement.
Dave has a great deal of experience negotiating commercial agreements with vendors, service providers, purchasers, distributors and freight companies both domestically and internationally. He has negotiated shipping agreements for goods destined for Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Dave has also negotiated distribution and sourcing agreements for products on different continents, and structured logistics and transportation agreements for food products according to nationwide distribution systems. Dave has experience with a wide variety of industries, including food service/QSR, fitness, airlines, advertising, construction, and fly fishing, among others.
In the commercial real estate arena, Dave concentrates on retail leasing and also has experience negotiating large office and industrial leases.
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Roundtable Presenter, “Best Practices for Supply Agreements” International Franchise Association, October 2016
- Presenter, “Preparing to Sell your System - Steps to Take and Pitfalls to Avoid” Franchise West Expo., October 2016
- Presenter, “Event Sponsorship Agreements and Sweepstakes Rules Considerations” Contracts CLE Seminar
- Presenter, “Supply Chain Risk Management” MARSH Restaurant Roundtable, April 2010
- Panelist “Hot Topics in Supply Chain” Moye White New and Emerging Franchisor Conference, September 2010