Dean is a trial lawyer with extensive litigation experience representing a variety of clients in commercial, cannabis, trade secret, real estate, and franchise disputes. He offers counsel in cases involving business torts, contracts, securities, director and officer defense and franchise law. Dean also protects and enforces client interests in shareholder disputes, and situations related to a breach of fiduciary duty. Within the scope of his real estate practice, Dean provides counsel in real property conflicts related to land ownership, construction defects, and title insurance defense.
Dean has prosecuted and defended cases in state and federal courts in Colorado and throughout the country. He has drafted and successfully argued numerous appellate briefs on behalf of his clients.
Outside of the office Dean enjoys live music, traveling, playing golf, snowboarding, stand-up comedy, and watching The University of Tennessee football team win national championships.
Publications & speaking engagements
- Co-Presenter, “Business Litigation: Practical advice in Cannabis Litigation,” Cannabis Law Institute Conference, National Cannabis Bar Association, July 29, 2017
- Co-Presenter, "Business Litigation: Lost Profits Claims," NBI Teleconference, November 20, 2013
- Co-Presenter, "Daubert Motions: What To Do After Testimony Has Been Excluded," AICPA Forensic And Valuation Services Conference, November 12, 2013
- Co-Presenter, "The Financial Expert And The Litigator: What To Expect And How To Get Along," AICPA Forensic And Valuation Services Conference, November 12, 2013
- Co-Presenter, "How to Prove or Defend Lost Profits," Measuring Lost Profits in Litigation Conference, Colorado Society of CPAs and CLE of Colorado, December 5, 2012
- Co-Author, "How New Rules Can Affect Your Business Lawsuits: Business Litigation Under the New Civil Access Pilot Project," Moye White Opportunities & Challenges, December 2011
- Author, "A Not-So-Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," Moye White Opportunities & Challenges, February 2011
- Author, "Preventing Small Business Fraud," Moye White Opportunities & Challenges, April 2008
- Kowalchik v. Brohl, 2012 COA 49, 2012 Colo. App. LEXIS 1279 (Colo. Ct. App. 2012)
- A Good Time Rental, LLC v. First American Title Agency, Inc., 259 P.3d 534 (Colo. App. 2011)
- Walter v. Walter, 181 Md. App. 273; 956 A.2d 255 (2008)
- JD Parker Const. v. Eastern Equity Partners, L.L.C., 2009 WL 151491 (D.Colo. January 22, 2009)