As a partner in the firm’s Real Estate section, Kristin’s practice focuses on land planning, zoning, real estate and land use related issues, as well as local government law. She assists clients through the acquisition of property to obtaining all local government zoning and subdivision approvals for development.
From 2003 to 2016, Kristin was a Senior Assistant County Attorney - Land Use Specialist for the Douglas County Attorney’s Office. In that capacity, she worked extensively with the Office of Community Development and advised the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to planning, zoning, and subdivision, including the creation and revision of land use regulations and ordinances, subdivision improvement agreements, development agreements, easements, and licenses. She also represented the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners during countless public hearings. Kristin served as legal advisor to the County’s Division of Open Space on the acquisition of open space properties and negotiation of conservation easements. In a similar role, Kristin worked for the Adams County Attorney’s Office as an Assistant County Attorney.
Before her tenure with Douglas County, Kristin was in private practice representing special districts. With that experience, she expanded her knowledge by providing legal counsel to Douglas County on all aspects of special districts, from creating a model service plan and reviewing service plans and amendments to ensuring the districts’ ability to serve proposed developments.
Having worked in both private and public sectors, Kristin offers a comprehensive understanding of the land use process and real estate issues. She strives to work collaboratively as a team with all sides to find common ground and ultimate resolution.
- Speaker, Colorado Bar Association CLE, Legislative Update: Real Estate, June 2017
- Speaker, CLE International, Land Use Law: How-to Conference, Subdivision Plats: Law and Processes for Approval, November 2016
- Speaker, CBA/CLE Real Estate Symposium, Quasi-Judicial Hearings on Land Use Applications: Procedures, Practices, and a Few Lessons Learned, July 2016
- Speaker, Real Estate Symposium, Land Use Issues from both a Private and Government Perspective, July 2014
- Moderator, CBA/CLE Real Estate Fall Update, Mineral Interests, November 2014
- Moderator, CBA/CLE Real Estate Spring Update, Quiet Title & Title Insurance, March 2014