An experienced and accomplished litigator, Billy’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation and business disputes. He defends business clients involved in insurance defense and coverage issues, franchise and distribution disputes, product liability defense, trust and estate litigation, as well as real estate litigation.
Billy’s practice has also included representation of clients in a variety of appellate courts, including the Colorado Court of Appeals, the federal Fourth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, and the South Dakota Supreme Court. Billy has tried cases in over 15 states over the lifetime of his career.
Focused and aggressive, Billy represents corporate clients in the variety of claims that arise in the business world. For his clients with interests in manufacturing, product distribution, and retail businesses, Billy has extensive experience defending against manufacturing, design defect, negligence, and breach of warranty claims.
Billy is former Vice-chair of Moye White’s Trial Section and currently serves as Co-Chair of the Franchise & Distribution Group, representing franchisors in franchise disputes, and providing valuable advice regarding business development and sales, as well as offerings compliance. He is also active in representing clients in Colorado’s burgeoning brewing and distilling markets.
A true advocate, Billy protects the interests of his clients against claims of directors’ and officers’ liability, bad faith, negligence, and other torts. He also has extensive experience in cases involving real estate and associated transactions.
Billy provides exceptional counsel at trial, through appeal, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. He has extensive experience before the state and federal courts in Colorado and has represented clients in various federal courts throughout the country.
- Presenter, “Making Organizations Talk: The Effect of Changes to Rule 30(b)(6) on Federal Practice,” Defense Research Institute Business Litigation Seminar, April 26, 2018
- “Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals reverses jury verdict holding franchisor is a ‘joint employer,'” August 13, 2014.
- William F. Jones, “Tough Economic Times Increase the Potential for Franchisor Tort Liability,” The Business Suit – Newsletter of DRI Commercial Litigation Committee, March 8, 2012.
- William Jones & Dean Richardson, “How New Rules Can Affect Your Business Lawsuits: Business Litigation Under the New Civil Access Pilot Project,” Moye White Opportunities & Challenges, December 2011.
- William F. Jones, “Franchise System Financing in a Tight Credit Market,” Moye White E-Blast, May, 2010.
- William F. Jones, “Making Mediation Work For You,” The Whisper – Newsletter of DRI Young Lawyers Committee, April, 2007.