As COVID-19 started making its way across the United States, we were inundated with stories of panic and hoarding. But through the mass of negative news, we began to see a glimmer of hope through Moye White’s fellow B Corporations. It’s no surprise that B Corporations across the globe have answered the call and stepped up in this time of need.
What is a Certified B Corporation?
This demanding certifiction is awarded to companies that use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems and meet higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. Certified B Corporations (B Corp) have one unifying goal – to redefine success in business. They inspire all businesses to compete not only to be the best IN the world, but to be the best FOR the world. Moye White was one of the first Denver law firms to achieve B Corp certification, and currently one of only a handful of law firms nationally to do so.
B Corporations Responding to COVID-19
Below are highlights of B Corps taking impactful measures and persevering in the face of uncertainty - inspiring and reminding all of us that business can, and should, be a force for good.
- In China, a B Corp increases access to information for the visually impaired during the quarantine.
- In Italy, a B Corp provides access to free, remote schooling for children.
- In South Korea, a B Corp brings hope to the most affected community through “companion plants” to combat isolation.
- In Australia, B Corps prioritize their customers’ wellbeing by combating panic buying.
- In Paraguay, a B Corp lifts up other entrepreneurs and creates a virtual community.
- In the US, a B Corp ensures children won’t go hungry.
As law firm, Moye White has taken steps to help during this time. Moye White has created a COVID-19 Resource Center to provide free information and advice to our clients and those in our community. Like most law firms, Moye White quickly moved all staff to work from home reducing its carbon footprint. Moye White plans to take the lessons learned from this pandemic experience to continue to grow and evolve as a B Corp.
Learn more about B Corps global efforts here. For more information about our B Corp status, connect with Dominick Sekich, Trish Rogers, or Stephanie Loughner.