(Denver, Colo., August 15, 2017) - Moye White announced today that partners J. David Arkell and Rebecca B. DeCook have each been named the Best Lawyers® 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" in Denver for their practices in Construction Law and Communications Law, respectively. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as a “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly noteworthy.
In addition to Arkell and DeCook, a further seven Moye White partners have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018.
The selected attorneys, with the year they were first listed and the practice areas for which they are being recognized, are as follows:
- Randall G. Alt, 2017 (Real Estate Law);
- J. David Arkell, 2007 (Construction Law, Litigation – Construction);
- James T. Burghardt, 2018 (Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law);
- Rebecca B. DeCook, 2008 (Communications Law);
- John W. Kellogg, 2017 (Corporate Law);
- Thomas M. List, 2018 (Real Estate Law);
- Charles F. Luce, Jr., 2014 (Copyright Law);
- John E. Moye, 1993 (Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law); and
- Edward D. White, 2005 (Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law).
Moye White managing partner Tom List and partner James Burghardt are named to The Best Lawyers in America for the first time, while founding partner John Moye celebrates being named to the list for the twenty-fifth time.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. More than 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and Best Lawyers received more than 13 million votes on the abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas around the world, with more than 7 million votes being cast in the United States. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
About Moye White LLP
Moye White LLP is a business law firm serving clients throughout the United States and internationally, with offices in Colorado and Georgia. The firm provides legal representation across a wide variety of transactional and litigation matters, offering strategic, business-oriented counsel to public, private, and governmental clients in complex business and real estate transactions and disputes. As one of the earliest national law firms to achieve B Corp certification, Moye White meets rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. For more information, please visit moyewhite.com or contact Managing Partner Ted White at 303-292-2900 or Ted.White@moyewhite.com.