Kelly is a result-oriented business, real estate, and tax attorney with over 30 years of experience. He has been counseling owners, entrepreneurs, private equity groups, and investors with respect to their decisions involving a wide range of business and real estate matters and transactions, both domestically and internationally. His diverse background enables him to provide insightful, innovative advice that not only addresses the legal issues involved but also incorporates the financial and tax aspects.
Kelly represents clients in a broad range of industries, real estate (investment and management), wholesale distribution, manufacturing, e-commerce, healthcare, and financial services.
His experience encompasses:
- private equity structuring and investment;
- real estate acquisition, structuring, leasing, financing and disposition;
- capital formation;
- structuring mezzanine debt;
- vinous acquisition, production and distribution;
- choice of entity selection;
- structuring of profits interests and management incentive programs;
- business succession planning; and
- structuring foreign investors’ U.S. investments.
He is also involved in outbound foreign investments including the formation of foreign entities. As a trusted adviser to his clients, Kelly is often involved with his clients in coordinating their litigation from a business perspective, which can include marital dissolutions. He has also been an expert witness.
Kelly received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (with an accounting major) from Creighton University in 1978 and his Juris Doctor degree from Creighton University in 1981. He also received a Master of Laws in Taxation from the McGeorge School of Law in 1984.