(Denver, Colo., March 14, 2011) - Moye White founding partner, John Moye, has been honored as one of Colorado’s 10 “Lawyers of the Decade,” a special award from Law Week Colorado, one of the state’s leading legal publications.
After gathering dozens of nominations, Law Week, with the help of three current or past chairs of the Denver Bar Association’s Seniors Committee, selected ten deserving lawyers. The list is a veritable “who’s who” of the Denver legal community.
Moye White Managing Partner Jim Burghardt said, “We at Moye White are gratified that John has been recognized in this manner. No one in Colorado deserves this award more than John. His dedication and passion are legendary and his professional achievements and contributions to the community over the course of many years continue to inspire all who know him.”
Law Week’s profile of John notes that he is a brilliant transactional attorney who is renowned for his M&A work. It also describes John’s key roles in the redevelopment of Stapleton, the construction of the Colorado Supreme Court complex and the founding of the D.U.-based Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System (IAALS). IAALS Executive Director and former Colorado Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Love Kourlis, describes John as “a renaissance man who just happens to be a really extraordinary lawyer.”
Some of John’s Moye’s achievements:
- President of the Colorado Bar Association, 2002-3
- Co-founder of the University of Denver’s Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System (IAALS), where he currently is a member of the Executive Committee
- Faculty, University of Denver College of Law, where he also served as Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Recipient of an honorary Doctorate in Law from the University of Denver for his commitment to legal education
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Colorado Historical Foundation
- Chairman of the Board, Stapleton Development Corporation
- Director, Denver Botanic Gardens
- Board member, Colorado Public Radio
- Recipient of the Award of Merit, the highest award of the Colorado Bar Association
Author of numerous books and articles, including legal texts on corporations, business organizations, partnerships, federal jurisdiction and the Uniform Commercial Code.
About Moye White LLP
Moye White is a Denver-based business law firm serving clients throughout the United States and internationally. The firm provides legal representation across a wide variety of transactional and litigation matters, offering strategic, business-oriented counsel to public, private, and governmental clients in complex business and real estate transactions and disputes. As one of the first Denver law firms to achieve B Corp certification, Moye White meets rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. For more information, please visit moyewhite.com or contact Managing Partner Thomas List at 303-292-2900 or