Nick is a business attorney whose practice focuses on entity formation, strategic business and succession planning, transactional work, reorganizations, tax planning, estate and wealth planning, and probate and estate administration. He effectively represents individuals and businesses across industries, including professional services, software and technology, construction, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and real estate, and has served as counsel to LLCs, C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and nonprofit organizations.
With an extensive background in taxation and in-depth knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, Nick provides tailored, strategic legal advice to his individual and business clients. He is known for his ability to translate the complex concepts into clear, comprehensible actions helping his clients to safeguard their legacies. Nick has experience resolving tax disputes before the Colorado Department of Revenue, Internal Revenue Service, and the U.S. Tax Court.
Outside of practicing law, Nick spends his free time playing golf, running, traveling, reading history and watching sports.
- Represented L&R Pallet Service, Inc. in a $30 million asset purchase and sale of its business to Kamps, Inc.
- Represented Colorado Premier Restoration, Inc. in a $47.5 million asset purchase and sale of its business to BMS CAT of Colorado, LLC.
- Represented Tri County Fire Protection, Inc. in a $10 million asset purchase and sale of its business to Pye-Barker Fire & Safety, LLC.
- Advised national professional sports league regarding tax implications and cross-border legal issues related to expansion of league into Canada with the addition of a Toronto based team.
- Serves as general counsel and advisory board member to one of the top five largest construction companies in Colorado.
- Serves as general counsel and advisory board member to automotive dealership group that has been in business in Colorado for 110 years.
- Represents numerous high net worth (excess of $50 million) individuals and families with complex and comprehensive estate and tax planning.