Becky is an experienced commercial litigator who counsels and represents clients on employment, communications, and energy-related matters. She is a recognized expert on employment, telecommunications and energy matters. For more than 25 years she has represented business clients in arbitrations, mediations, state and federal court proceedings, and a variety of administrative proceedings before federal, state and local government agencies, including:
- The Equal Opportunity Commission;
- The Department of Labor;
- The Federal Energy Commission;
- The Federal Communications Commission;
- The Colorado Civil Rights Division;
- The Colorado Department of Labor; and
- Numerous state public utility commissions.
As co-chair of the firm’s employment group, Becky represents and counsels businesses on employment and labor relations matters, including:
- wrongful discharge;
- drug and alcohol;
- handbooks and policies;
- performance management;
- wage and hour issues;
- workplace investigations;
- training and audits;
- worker safety; and
- employee organization.
She has represented companies in employment litigation in federal and state courts, as well as federal and state administrative agencies.
With an in-depth knowledge of administrative law and regulations, Becky regularly counsels business clients, offering strategic guidance on legal and regulatory compliance, leasing and contract negotiations, drafting and dispute resolution, zoning and municipal permitting approvals.
In her closely-related energy practice, Becky represents and counsels clients on intercompany disputes and regulatory matters and assists with a variety of industry-related contracts for advanced energy projects, including:
- land acquisition and lease agreements;
- interconnection and transmission agreements;
- procurement and construction agreements;
- operation and maintenance agreements;
- supply agreements, power purchase agreements;
- service contracts; and
- operating agreements.