As a member of the litigation team, Caleena represents clients in a variety of civil litigation matters, including commercial, business, and employment claims. Her experience in contractual disputes allows her clients to keep the value of the contract intact while obtaining favorable outcomes. Caleena has experience in strict liability claims, property damage, and wrongful termination claims, in addition to construction defect, professional liability, and FELA claims.
She also has experience in litigating jury trials and has managed all aspects of litigations in both state and federal court in cases across the country. This includes conducting and defending lay, corporate, and expert witness depositions, preparing witnesses for trials, managing all aspects of discovery, drafting pleadings and motions, and attending hearings.
Prior to joining Moye White, Caleena worked for a regional litigation firm. While there, her accomplishments included summary judgments in defense of personal injury lawsuits. Additionally, she worked with a litigation defense firm in Dallas, Texas, litigating numerous jury trials, and prior to that, a national toxic tort law firm representing Fortune 500 companies in product liability, premises liability, and environmental litigation.
In her spare time, Caleena enjoys spending time with her family, enjoying new restaurants, traveling and learning new cultures, and reading. She also enjoys watching sports with her husband and staying active outside with her daughter.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements for Fortune 100 company.
- Obtained dismissal prior to trial for a railroad in a defense claim filed by an employee under FELA for injuries sustained on the job.
- Represented veterinarian in a defense claim by a former client alleging veterinary malpractice, fraud, and conspiracy.
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict on behalf of a pediatrician in a defense claim filed by the family of a former child patient alleging wrongful death and failure to diagnose.
- Obtained a directed verdict on Plaintiff’s veterinary negligence claim on behalf of the veterinarian after Plaintiff failed to obtain adequate expert testimony.
- Won a jury trial in a defense verdict on behalf of pool company filed by a former customer alleging breach of contract, construction defect, and fraudulent misrepresentations.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defendant for automobile accident resulting in burn-related injuries to Plaintiff.
- Argued successful directed verdict motion on behalf of a restaurant in a defense claim by a former employee for wrongful termination.
Publications and Articles
“Advice for Women in Male-Dominated Fields”
Moye White Blog, March 2022
“Supreme Court Ruling Likely Spells the End for Vaccine-or-Test Federal Mandates at Large Businesses, But Numerous Caveats Apply”
Corporate Compliance Insights, January 2022
“OSHA’S Emergency Temporary Standard is Postponed Pending Review”
Moye White Blog, January 2022
“Preparing To Meet OSHA’s Est Rulings Pending Court Ruling On Constitutionality”
HR Legal & Compliance, December 2021
“What does OSHA’s EST ruling mean for builders?”
Colorado Builder, November 2021
“Preparing to Meet OSHA’s EST Rulings Pending Court Ruling on Constitutionality”
Law Week Colorado, November 2021
“While Courts Consider OSHA’s Vaccine-or-Test Mandate ETS, Businesses Are Caught in Limbo”
Corporate Compliance Insights, November 2021
“Silver Linings Provide Optimistic Future for Litigation Post-Pandemic”
ColoradoBiz, September 2021
“Keep an Eye Out, Employers: The Colorado Legislature Proposed Changes to Colorado Anti-Discrimination Statute”
Law Week Colorado, May 2021
“8 Things You Need to Know About Employee Vaccinations”
Colorado Builder, March 2021
“How the Pandemic Will Impact Litigation Beyond 2021”
ColoradoBiz, December 2020
“Identifying the Legal Boundaries of Employer’s GPS Use”
Texas Lawyer, December 2015
“Wellness Programs Due for Privacy Scrutiny, Experts Say”
HealthcareDive, October 2015
“Employers take note: Americans with Disabilities Act payouts soaring in Texas”
Dallas Business Journal, December 2014
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
“Dealing with a Snap Chatterbox: Social Media Use in Litigation”
Texas Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, September 2017
“The World of Veterinary Malpractice Claims”
Zurich Insurance, June 2017
“Medical Malpractice isn’t Dead”
Dallas Bar Association CLE, 2016
“Defending a Claim for Malpractice and Board Actions: Defense, Damages, and Success”
Zurich Insurance, September 2015