As a member of the litigation team, Caleena represents clients in a wide variety of civil litigation matters, including construction defect, professional liability, and FELA claims. Caleena has experience in negligence and strict liability claims, property damage, wrongful termination claims, and cases involving breach of contract. She also has experience in litigating jury trials and has managed all aspects of litigations in both state and federal court in cases across the country. This includes conducting and defending lay, corporate, and expert witness depositions, preparing witnesses for trials, managing all aspects of discovery, drafting pleadings and motions, and attending hearings.
Prior to joining Moye White, Caleena worked for a regional litigation firm. While there, her accomplishments included summary judgments in defense of personal injury lawsuits. Additionally, she worked with a litigation defense firm in Dallas, Texas, and prior to that, a national toxic tort law firm representing Fortune 500 companies in product liability, premises liability, and environmental litigation.
In her spare time, Caleena enjoys spending time with her family, enjoying new restaurants, traveling and learning new cultures, and reading. She also enjoys watching sports with her husband and staying active outside.
- Obtained dismissal prior to trial for a railroad in a defense claim filed by an employee under FELA for injuries sustained on the job.
- Represented veterinarian in a defense claim by a former client alleging veterinary malpractice, fraud, and conspiracy.
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict on behalf of a pediatrician in a defense claim filed by the family of a former child patient alleging wrongful death and failure to diagnose.
- Obtained a directed verdict on Plaintiff’s veterinary negligence claim on behalf of the veterinarian after Plaintiff failed to obtain adequate expert testimony.
- Won a jury trial in an 11-2 verdict on behalf of pool company filed by a former customer alleging breach of contract, construction defect, and fraudulent misrepresentations.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defendant for automobile accident resulting in burn-related injuries to Plaintiff.
- Argued successful directed verdict motion on behalf of a restaurant in a defense claim by a former employee for wrongful termination.
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
“Dealing with a Snap Chatterbox: Social Media Use in Litigation”
Texas Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, September 2017
“The World of Veterinary Malpractice Claims”
Zurich Insurance, June 2017
“Medical Malpractice isn’t Dead”
Dallas Bar Association CLE, 2016
“Defending a Claim for Malpractice and Board Actions: Defense, Damages, and Success”
Zurich Insurance, September 2015