Andrew is a partner in the Trial Section and represents a wide variety of clients in a multitude of commercial disputes. Andrew’s practice focuses on corporate and limited liability company disputes, real estate disputes, insurance coverage and recovery, and intellectual property. He has extensive deposition, mediation, and trial experience and has tried dozens of jury trials, court trials, and arbitrations in various jurisdictions throughout Colorado. Although based in Colorado, Andrew has represented clients throughout the United States, including New York, Texas, and Pennsylvania, among others.
Andrew has represented clients in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and bankruptcy adversary proceedings. An experienced trial attorney, Andrew represented a national property developer in a dispute with another property developer in a multi-million dollar real estate deal. After a five-day court trial, Andrew’s client won specific performance of a contract for the sale of a valuable piece of real estate. He also represented an international automotive and trucking company in multiple lawsuits arising from a complex embezzlement scheme. The scheme resulted in two federal lawsuits, a state court lawsuit, and a bankruptcy adversary proceeding, in which Andrew helped the client recover millions of dollars from various defendants. Andrew also has experience in trademark disputes and litigation, including claims under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act and the Lanham Act.
Before joining Moye White, Andrew defended insurance companies and their policyholders from a varied array of claims. He now draws upon his extensive knowledge of the insurance industry to help corporate policyholders understand insurance coverage and maximize their recoveries. When all else fails, Andrew also has experience bringing bad faith breach of insurance claims against insurance carriers.
Although his primary focus is litigation, Andrew also has experience in corporate transactions, including closing a stock redemption for a minority shareholder of a national food distribution company.
- Tried and won an adversary proceeding in United States bankruptcy court for a four million dollar non-dischargeable judgement and award of attorney fees.
- Tried and won a five-day court trial for specific performance of a multi-million dollar real estate contract.
- First or second chair for thirteen jury trials and numerous court trials.
- Second chair for a four day preliminary injunction hearing that tripled the settlement amount for the client in a limited liability company dispute.
- Successfully moved to dismiss a lawsuit and won ensuing appeal for personal injury claim involving a nuanced statute of limitations argument.
- Managed multiple related litigations for a large national automotive and truck dealership in Colorado State Court, Federal District Court, and Federal Bankruptcy Court.
- Won voluntary dismissal of spurious lawsuits against business owners based on the Americans with Disabilities Act
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
“Getting Coloradoans Back to Work”
Moye White Webinar, May 2020
“Online Mediation: Get It Right”
CBA-CLE, June 2020
“Watch Out for the C-Suite: Soft Spots in Your D&O Coverage”
RIMS 2019 Annual Conference and Exhibition, May 1, 2019