As a member of the Business Section, Rose helps entrepreneurs and their investors form and finance high growth companies, navigate legal requirements, and avoid common missteps.
As a business advisor, she understands that business is never without risk. She enjoys educating entrepreneurs and investors on legal (and often practical) risks and helping them acknowledge their true risk tolerance. Rose is also skilled at facilitating agreement on how to allocate risk. This allows her clients to quickly get back to the true work at hand: getting their business up-and-running or to the next level of growth.
Rose routinely works with company clients for their entire lifecycle, including formation, equity and debt financings, acquisition, public listing, and public company reporting. She also works with venture capital funds on private equity financings, secondary-market acquisitions, portfolio company corporate governance, and exit considerations. She has extensive experience representing both companies and investors in late-stage private financings and IPOs.
Rose has also served as primary outside counsel for several public companies. She advises public company clients on corporate governance and securities law, including SEC and exchange compliance, insider trading, executive and equity compensation, stock plan administration, stockholder proposals, and investor relations. She regularly attends board and committee meetings and manages corporate secretary functions.
Rose has a strong commitment to pro bono and volunteer activities. She has acted as corporate governance counsel for nonprofit foundations and enjoys volunteering for all types of business plan and entrepreneurship programs.
Before joining Moye White, Rose was a special counsel at Cooley LLP in Palo Alto, California.
Rose is admitted to practice in California and is temporarily authorized to practice in Colorado pending admission under C.R.C.P. 205.6.
- Fin-tech company in late-stage equity financings raising over $150M
- Battery technology company in equity financings raising over $120M
- SaaS company in equity financings raising over $100M
- Fin-tech company in holding company restructuring and equity financings securing $10M of growth capital
- Venture fund in $60M investment in pre-IPO SaaS company
- Venture fund in $50M investment in pre-IPO security software company
- Venture fund in $25M secondary acquisition of shares in pre-IPO SaaS company
- Venture fund in $20M early-stage investment in technology company (now with $10B+ valuation)
- Venture fund in $10M investment in services company and related restructuring from LLC to c-corporation
- Venture fund in early-stage $5M investment in health care management services organization (MSO)
- Venture fund in $5M early-stage investment in pre-clinical life sciences company
- Chinese venture fund in $65M early-stage investments in artificial intelligence (AI) company
- Sovereign wealth fund in $50M late-stage investment in pre-IPO security software company
- Family office in $20M equity investment in biofuels company
- Revance Therapeutics in its IPO and follow-on public offerings
- Ruckus Wireless in its IPO, one of the first IPOs under the JOBS Act rules
- SteadyMed in its IPO and private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions
- Website Pros (now Web.com) its IPO and follow-on public offerings
- Stockholders in their sale of common stock in Jive Software IPO
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public life sciences company in proposed sale to another public company
- Web.com in its acquisition of Network Solutions
- Private life sciences company in merger-of-equals
- Private health-technology firm in multiple acquisitions
- Game developers in asset sale to online game company
- Private equity firm in sale of heavy equipment portfolio company