Rose is a member of the firm’s Business Section and Advanced Energy Group. She is a seasoned startup lawyer, with over 15 years’ experience advising entrepreneurs and investors on the formation and funding of emerging and disruptive companies. She has represented clients in over 200 private equity and debt financings, with over $1.5 billion raised.
Rose works with companies across industries, focusing on technology and advanced energy startups. She is a trusted business advisor to her clients and understands that business is never without risk. She enjoys educating entrepreneurs and investors on legal (and often practical) risks and is skilled at facilitating agreement on risk allocation. This allows her clients to quickly get back to the true work at hand: getting their business up-and-running or to the next level of growth.
Rose routinely works with company clients for their entire lifecycle, including formation, equity and debt financings, acquisition, public listing, and public company reporting. She also works with venture capital funds on private equity financings, secondary-market acquisitions, portfolio company corporate governance, and exit considerations. She has extensive experience representing both companies and investors in late-stage private financings and initial public offerings (IPOs).
Rose has served as primary outside counsel for several public companies, advising her clients on corporate governance and securities law compliance. She has also represented renewable energy companies on wind and solar project development matters, negotiating supply agreements, power purchase agreements (PPAs), engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, and maintenance agreements.
Rose has a strong commitment to pro bono and community. She volunteers her time with startup accelerators, including The Cleantech Open – Rocky Mountain Region, serves as a mentor for entrepreneurship programs, and has acted as corporate counsel for nonprofit foundations.
Before joining Moye White, Rose was a special counsel at Cooley LLP in Palo Alto, California.
- Fin-tech company in late-stage equity financings raising over $150M
- Battery technology company in equity financings raising over $120M
- SaaS company in equity financings raising over $100M
- Cybersecurity company in early-stage equity financings raising over $15M
- Fin-tech company in restructuring and equity financings raising over $10M
- Venture fund in $50M investment in pre-IPO cybersecurity company
- Venture fund in $25M secondary acquisition of shares in pre-IPO SaaS company
- Venture fund in $20M early-stage investment in sharing economy company (now public with $65B+ valuation)
- Family office in $20M equity investment in biofuels company
- Sovereign wealth fund in $50M late-stage investment in pre-IPO cybersecurity company
- Chinese venture fund in $65M investments in artificial intelligence (AI) company
- Revance Therapeutics in its IPO and follow-on public offerings
- Ruckus Wireless in its IPO, one of the first IPOs under the JOBS Act rules
- SteadyMed in its IPO and private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions
- Website Pros (now Web.com) its IPO and follow-on public offerings
- Stockholders in their sale of common stock in Jive Software IPO
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Web.com in its acquisition of Network Solutions
- Private life sciences company in merger-of-equals
- Private health-technology firm in multiple acquisitions
- Game developers in asset sale to online game company
- Private equity firm in sale of heavy equipment portfolio company
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
“Goldilocks & Her Dollar Bills: Right Size Your Funding & Private Capital,”
Denver Startup Week, September 2019
“Alice & the Silicon Valley Rabbit Hole: Colorado vs. the Coast,”
Denver Startup Week, September 2019
“How to Get Paid Working For Startups: A Legal Primer,”
Boulder Startup Week, May 2019